Layers of flavor and texture
Tacos are amazing but usually beef, pork and fish are the stars. Here is were this recipe comes in. Let’s make a chicken taco that’s exciting and gives your tastebuds a new experience!
For this recipe I recommend watching the video to get a better sense on how to make the tacos. If you do need something written down then you can take a look at the recipe card bellow.
- 2-3 Tomatoes
- 6 Radish
- 2 Onions
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Corn Tortillas
- 3 Limes
- 2 Avocados
- 2 Chicken Breast
- Garlic Powder
- Chipotle Powder
- Cook the Chicken
- Heat a pan to medium heat and add 1Tbsp of oil
- Meanwhile, in a separate container, ive the chicken breast a quick marinade (4min) by adding a lime and a pinch of salt
- Pat the chicken dry and cook for 4-5 mins each side until brown then lower the heat to low.
- After 5 minutes or so depending on thickness check to see if done.
- Allow to cool in a separate dish. Once cooled pull it apart into fine strands.
- Heat another pan with 1Tbsp of oil
- Cut 2-3 tomatoes into large chunks (the more the saucier) Dice ⅓ of a large onion
- Add the ingredients to the pan along with a pinch of salt and pepper. Place a lid and change the heat to low.
- Stir occasionally. Cook until only the skin of the tomato remains.
- Clean and cut the ends of the 6 or so radish. Cut the radish into very small cubes and place in a container.
- Dice ⅓ of a large onion and chop a handful of cilantro
- Place in a bowl add juice of one lime and mix well
- To a blender add:
- Large bunch of Cilantro + 1½ Avocados + 1 tsp of Salt + 1½ Limes + 3 Tbsp of Sour Cream
- Blend until it's nice and smooth and cilantro is barely visible. Adjust for salt and acidity
- Shred 1 bar of PepperJack Cheese
- Reheat the pan where the chicken was cooked at medium add 1 Tbsp of oil and pulled chicken.
- Add Pepper and a pinch of salt, 1 tsp of garlic powder, 1¼ tsp of Chipotle powder
- Add the previously prepared sauce and mix well for around 3-4min, tase and adjust seasoning
- Remove from flame
- In a pan add a few drops of oil and warm up 1-2 tortillas at a time. Flip and remove before they toast too much as this will harden them. Place in a sealed container wrapped in paper towels to keep warm.
- With a hot tortilla in had add the shredded cheese.
- Place pulled chicken on top of the cheese to melt it slightly.
- Add the Avocado Crema Sauce on top of the chicken.
- Next put the onion cilantro mix.
- Finally sprinkle the cubed radish on top.
Keto: Substitute corn tortilla for lettuce or cheese shells.
Paleo: This is tougher since some don't consume dairy at all. I've used grass fed sources but you could use a regular guacamole instead of it having sour cream. Also remove the cheese.
Let me know if you make these and how they turn out! Any feedback is also appreciated.